Thursday, October 2, 2008

A New Life Works For Me


Some may say that wearing white at your second wedding is a "no no", but I had my reasons for this. My first wedding was when I was 21 and done by the Justice of the Peace in Texas with two of my small children in tow. We drove around for hours asking each other if this is really what we wanted to do. That should have been a sure sign that we should not have done so. I was thinking about my boys. I was an un-wed mother at 17 with my first son and my second son was almost a year old when his father and I were driving around asking if we should just go ahead and get married. We did. Twenty-one years of marriage. It was a very bad marriage and I am not one to give up easily. I tried hard to make it work but he ended up a crack addict and HIV positive. I finally left him with my 18 year old daughter in tow. I ran away and I never looked back. I'm glad I did because I met my husband. We will be married a year this month and I never for once had to ask myself if I was doing the right thing. I wore white because I felt brand new. I felt like it was my first time getting married. I was married to the wrong person for way too long. I am married to the one who loves me like no other. I am happily married.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing